Friday 22 July 2011

THINK BEFORE WE SPEAK

Discussing any topic is always my favourite past time. I am of firm view that by discussing topics only, we can have a better understanding of any subject.

I always want to learn the things which I don’t know. I am ready to hear anything from anyone at anytime which interests me and about the topic which I think that is such a piece of knowledge which I would love to know.

Oh!!! Sorry!!!! I forgot to tell you about myself. I am Vinay. A young knowledge savvy guy of 26 years of age working in the Indian Air force for last nine years as a clerk.

Clerk????

Clerk!!!!

Clerk…. LLLLL

Ok…, if you don’t like the appointment then let us make it Administrative Assistant. Yes! that’s how we call it in our organisation and it sounds nice too.

Since we are not here to discuss what I do and define it, I think we should move forward and to start with I would like to tell you that I hail from Hindi speaking region. I had a passion for writing since my childhood days and my writings were in Hindi only. But after joining IAF, I started writing in English and now I have decided to compile my write ups in English too.

Wait!!! No need to check the internet and waste your time in searching for my credentials, please. You will not find anything about me becoz I am not a renowned writer as Salman Rushdie, Robin Sharma, Paulo Coelho or Chetan Bhagat. I am a writer who writes what comes in his mind i.e. I write, I read and I feel happy that’s all….

Oh… I forgot, sorry for the diversion but it was necessary to tell something about myself and I think, I have not gone too far boasting out myself and have come back early. JJJJJJJJJJJ

So I was talking about my passion for discussions or rather I would like to say ‘listening others thoughts’ on diverse subjects.

Actually, I am very annoyed today and have decided not to indulge in any unwise discussion. I am amaze to observe that how ignorant people are and how rigid they may become in accepting this fact.

I am of view that before indulging in any such argument, one should be thorough in the subject. If he is not, he should listen carefully what other are discussing and questions, if arising in his mind, should be asked at the end and not in between the discussion.

Here, i.e. in IAF, I find people jumping in the middle of a discussion without even knowing head & tail of it just to prove that they are also aware of the subject.

Also, I am of view that such discussions should be done to have clear understanding of the issue being discussed and not to prove oneself superior to others or to show someone’s knowledge.

The informative discussions so held would not only clear the doubts of the individuals but also would be fruitful for metal development of individual which in turn would help in development of the nation as a whole.

We should always bear in mind that we are not omnipotent and the person speaking in front of us may be wise enough to enhance our knowledge. We should not speak just for the sake of speaking but we should speak in a manner which is appropriate for a wise man and support our thoughts with well established facts and deeply gained knowledge.

1 comment:

Atul Srivastava said...

superb dear, a respect a writer in you. all d best